Maintain Person e-Doc
This E-Doc is used to:
- Update an employee’s bio/demo data where the bio demo validation in conjunction with a Hire has failed.
- Maintain any other bio demo data in conjunction with a Hire – even if it passed the validation.
- Enter an I-9 that had been bypassed with the Hire E-Doc, or update an I-9 work authorization date.
NOTE: (For changes to existing employees, a Personal Data Change Form should be completed).
- Select the ID type, enter the Id number, and click
- From the search results, click on your choice.
- Add the effective date of the information change. Enter all of the required fields.
- Select the appropriate I-9 status. See instructions below.
An I-9 is required under the following circumstances:
- If there was no I-9 available when the Add New Person eDOC was completed.
- Individuals being hired after a break in service (other than the holiday break between semesters or the summer break between academic years) must have their I-9s updated.
These guidelines are consistent with federal regulations. See the procedures for completing the Form I-9 in the Employment section of the UHRS web site. If there is a current I-9 on file, there is no need for another.
For information regarding expiration and re-verification of I-9, for International hires, refer to the I-9 Information business processes paper: IU Sponsored Employees
- Click continue
- Enter the changes to the Bio/Demo Information, making certain to complete the required (*) fields.
The First and Last Name is the legal name of the person. It is case sensitive. If you have an abbreviation for the middle name, enter it without a period.
The Preferred Name is the name by which the person wants to be identified. For example, a legal name of Mary Jane, but she prefers Jane. If there is no preferred name, this can be left blank.
- Review the information, and if correct, click on the appropriate action button(s) below.
SUBMIT = select when you have completed the eDoc and are ready to automatically route the document where it will be approved and eventually saved to PeopleSoft.
SAVE = this action Saves to your Action List in order for you to retrieve it at a later time to complete it.
BLANKET APPROVE = an action used by an approver when they need to approve an eDoc without submitting the document to the entire routing chain.
CLOSE = closes the document once the data entry is complete.
CANCEL = cancels the entire eDoc. It will be necessary to begin the eDoc again from the initial data section.
- Click . The eDoc should say “Document was successfully submitted,” in red at the top of the page.
- Select “print cover sheet”.
- Fill out the cover sheet indicating the supporting documents that you have. Mail the cover sheet along with the documents to the address that is listed on the sheet.
- Click close and the document will disappear.
For an overview of routing, select Electronic Routing Overview.
Once the document is routed, you can perform a Document Search to see where the E-Doc currently is.
NOTE: A note will automatically be attached when the document is routed showing the current value and what the value has changed to in the eDoc. This happens after the document is routed.
University Human Resource Services
8 September 2011